The Skill-a-Thon will be held at the Jerome County Fairgrounds on Saturday, September 19th.
So, what is the skill-a-thon and what are the objectives?
- To provide youth with the opportunity to blend knowledge and skills acquired in livestock judging, demonstrations, care, and exhibition of animals into one activity.
- To provide youth who have no opportunity for livestock ownership to learn about the importance of livestock and their products to the environment.
- To encourage youth to continue expanding their knowledge and participation.
- To recognize youth for their total involvement in and comprehension in the livestock industry.
- To instill ethical values, good sportsmanship and product evaluation skills.