Due to the Porcine Epidemic Diarrhea (PED) virus that has been diagnosed in Idaho and the risk
factors involved in bringing pigs to a central location at this time, there will not be an official
Western Idaho Fair 4-H/FFA initial swine weigh in for 2014. This decision was made with the
guidance of the Idaho Department of Ag by representatives of the Western Idaho Fair, Ada County Extension, FFA, Swine Supervisors, and the Junior Livestock Sale Committee.
In order to show and sell a pig at the 2014 Western Idaho Fair exhibitors must do the following:
- Have ownership and care of your animal(s) by no later than May 6.
- Properly ear tag your animal(s). Numbered tag issued from the Ada County Extension Office should be in the pig’s left ear with the number on the outside of the ear. Several breeders in to area have agreed to help with this process when you pick up your animal; check with them first before you pick up ear tags at the office.
- Submit a COOL form to the Extension Office along with fee of $4 per head to cover meat quality fund and tags by no later than May 6, 2014. (Checks payable to Junior Livestock Sale Committee)
- COOL form must include ear tag number (ear tag for WIF), breed, gender, detailed description of animal, and at least one (1) picture attached of the pig with the ear tag number showing (over back to show breed/color). Pictures can be attached to the COOL form or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and must have your name, ear tag number, and club or chapter in the email.
- Animal ear tag number and animal submitted on the COOL form(s) must be the same animal and ear tag number that is entered on the fair entry form and exhibited at the fair.